Saturday, August 23, 2008

To Lift me up

I just experienced a store return nightmare and basically am out $200 because a monitor we bought before Taylor was born is garbage.... and I feel crappy about it and even crappier that I've allowed this little mess to get me down on a beautiful day. So what I've made of it is this, Babies R Us and Toys R Us will no longer get my business for ANYTHING and there are so many things I am going to concentrate on to lift me back up because really this is just silly.

I was surfing the net looking for photography inspiration as I often do and I visited one of my favorite children's photographer's (Skye Hardwick) blog. She has links to a few of her favorite things and there I found a blog called 'friday letters'. It's a wonderful site that coaches you to write once a week for 15 minutes, letters reflecting on what's important in life and even has a little creative direction for photographers. It's aim is to get you to sit down and write meaningful letters to you children. I may give it a try and may even post the letters along with some pictures on the blog...we'll see.

I hate how easily wound up I get over silly things, like a store not returning a piece of merchandise I bought.... maybe this will help me realize that my energy is so much more valuable than a silly box store's asinine policies and should be used to express how thankful I am for life and my life...

Ahhhhh, deep breath, hearty sighhhhhhh. Anyone want to boycott Babies R Us and Toys R Us with me :o) ?

2 comments:

The Pinchy Crab said...

LOVE the Friday Letters site! I need more hours in the day :)

momto2boys said...

You needed to catch me last week on the protest...dang it!