Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day


I get this look a lot.

Happy guy!

Pretending to be sad because he wants to stay home with me... he just does this to make me feel good because then he'll say "I'm just kidding mom!"

See, that's the "I'm just kidding" face.

New backpack with super cool Wall-E patch

And holy cow does he look like his dad

My sweet little love

Sitting up now and moving her head around like a pro. Shall we try some food soon? So darn cute!

Got my new camera just before I had to leave to get Austin from school. Had to grab a pic of my girl to christen the camera!

A nice relaxing day at the park in Brooklyn. Had to post this pic, love these two.

Trying out the super fast 17 fps super cool feature on the new digs. I won't post all 17 frames, you get the picture.

Austin's head over heels for his new sneakers. He calls them his 'rocket booster shoes'. We got them for him to play soccer in (note the one shin guard he's wearing in the picture above). We can't get them off his feet and when we do, well he ends up sleeping with them, like a new favorite stuffed animal or toy. Funny thing is I remember doing the same thing when I was a little squirt.


Austin headed off to his first day of pre-school Monday. I can't get over how quickly he is becoming quite the dashing and charming young man that he is. My baby loves school, loves his friends and adores his teachers. I am so proud of him and can't wait to pick him up at the end of the day to hear all about what he did, what they had for snack, what story they read and soon, on Friday I think, what he learned in Spanish class. Already he knows new prayers, new friends, new songs and slept like a champ Monday night after his long day of learning.

I love his enthusiasm for school and hope he never looses that... I know it will come, the day when I have to kick him out the door to make the bus in time but for now we shall bask in the lovely, happy little student that he is.

Here are a few other pictures from the past couple weeks that I've been meeting to get up.

Enjoy the pictures. Have so many more to post on our trip to Maine and how big Taylor's getting.

5 comments:

jltomasovic said...

Yes, I too am going to enjoy the "I love going to school because I am three" phrase because it will not last forever for our little men. It is amazing how much they learn. Michael came home one day counting from 1-10 in Spanish. Enjoy your time home with Taylor and catch up on a few things that you want to do. Love, Jen

momto2boys said...

Love the post and the new pics!! :) Congrats on preschool!!

Erin said...

NEW CAMERA?? CONGRATS! I cant wait to see it and hear all about it! Austin is quite a handsome devil and looks so grown up heading off to school...Taylor has change tremendously and really looks so much like her Mama (Lucky little thing:) Hope to see you guys soon xo

Bengela said...

he's a total chick magnet!!! just wait til he starts bringing the babes home :)

Deb said...

I love all of Austin's "looks" - I get so many "looks" from my guys on a daily basis too :) Hope to catch up soon. We have to get the girls together!