Monday, September 1, 2008

One less organ

So many of you already know, but I am down one organ. Had an emergency appendectomy Thursday night around 10pm. Wednesday I started having pain in my abdomen, above the belly button, like a band or cramping. Didn't think anything of it, just thought maybe I needed to eat. So I drank some water and headed to bed.

Slept a bit restless that night and woke up with Chris who was going to work only a half day and use the other half to hang with us and get ready for his trip to Peru. By 1pm I was in so much pain, I could have birthed 10 children with no medicine and still had felt better than I was at that point. And then it got worse. I began throwing up yellows and greens that I've never seen before. I called my doctor who told me to get to the ER immediately. After waiting a few very long hours in the ER, I was given a pain killer that actually worked very well. A few hours after that and a ton of tests later, they decided to take out my appendix.

I'm recovering, not as quickly as I was expecting, but forcing myself to take it easy, which is one of the most difficult things for this mommy to do. I miss holding Taylor and being able to chase after Austin. I had to stop nursing because of the anesthesia and antibiotics they had to give me. My milks way, way down despite doing everything under the sun to prevent it from going down.... makes me sad.

Hope to have some happy little pictures up soon for you all to look at. With all the being sick and without an appendix I still haven't been able to play with my new camera :o( don't really trust myself on these pain killers, same reason why I haven't been holding my Taylor much :o(

Oh and yes, Chris had to cancel his trip to Peru. He's quite sad about this, but glad he decided to stay back and help me get better, though he has enjoyed giving me a hard time about this... like I had any control over my appendix crappin' out on me. Gotta love my hubby's sense a reason. Thank god he decided to stay behind though, there's no way I could have done this without him. You've been fantastic babe, thanks for all the help. I love you.

Thanks for checking in. --Liz

4 comments:

Sally Y said...

Sorry to hear about all this. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!

momto2boys said...

WOW!! That can be scary! I am sorry to hear about this! Take some time for you to recover!


Hang in there mama!

theotherlion said...

Oh my! I hope you continue to recover well. I had my gallbladder out when Punkin was two weeks old. I remember that was so hard because I had to spend the night without him (though it was one of the most restful nights sleep I've had in four years) and I wanted to hold him soooo much. Hope you can still manage to nurse. I wasn't, but it was kind of my choice.

Sam said...

That's so scary, I'm glad you're okay!