Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Stomping Beach






The kids and I took a break from all the summer fun here in Annapolis and headed north to where I grew up. Took the kids to the beach I played at ever summer. Both took to it as I had, loving ever moment from sand castles and flying kites so catching crabs and looking for shells.

Austin and I found an old fishing net someone had tossed, probably a clammer. The net has a small tear at the top and they probably figured it wasn't any good. That man's garbage become my little guy's treasure. He played with it as my brother and I used to with our nets, swooping up minnows and sifting through the sand hoping a baby crab my get caught in the fraying blue net.

Taylor loves the sun and the sand. Swimming with me and watching her brother buzz around. She did try to eat sand once, decided it was much more useful running it through her hair. She almost took a nap right there in the sand, but I scooped her up and put her in the car. The ride back to mom's is just a hop and a skip. Sweet little babe would be sound asleep before we'd even reach the house.

I wish I had more images to share. I was too busy getting wet and sandy with my little ones this time around. Enjoy for now. Have some wonderful photos from a beautiful shower coming soon.

Enjoy the remainder of your summer. Good luck to all our big kid friends heading into school tomorrow!

Hope you are all well. Would love to hear from each of you!

No comments: