Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Skateboarding in Brooklyn








While out for a stroll in my brother's neighborhood, he and Austin came upon an old skateboard someone was giving away. Austin often obsesses over the older kids in our neighborhood skateboarding and just has had an undying interest in the sport. So Bobe let him take the skateboard home, and taught him the basics. Austin prefers to ride the board on his bum, which is totally fine with me.

He met e few skaters while at the park in Brooklyn and fell right into step with their talk and body language. Definitely one of the cutest encounters I've ever witnessed. He even introduced 'my mama and my Bobe' to the boys. They were very sweet and encouraged him to keep skating. Here are a few pics from our stay in BK.

Hope to have some more pics from teh weekend up soon. We're all fighting the worlds ickiest cold ever right now so I'm a little behind on my work. Must catch up on that first :o)

xo Liz xo

5 comments:

Erin said...

That is just too cute...little skater dude!!

abbey said...

that's the cutest story ever.... ya know my brother used to tell me when I was young I was only allowed to marry a skater and it would be best if he was also Italian!

momto2boys said...

That is the cutest thing ever!!!

Deb said...

So adorable - your little guy is growing up!!! Have a great weekend, looking forward to some great pics - with mommy in them too!

superiorpapers com review said...

The pictures are just loveable and amazing. It seems that you all have a great time and especially the kids who seem to enjoy skateboarding a lot. It is an adaventurous and fun activity.