Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Merry, merry




I took the kids back to the same barn that I had photographed Austin at last year for our Christmas cards. The lighting was perfect, but it was freezing cold and my baby was only wearing this tiny little short sleeve dress. It was getting late in the month and I had been spending all sorts of time on other people's cards and photos. So I made the decision to take the cuties out to photograph them despite the freezing cold weather.

I set shot up and had Austin out of the car first. The outfit I had bought for him to coordinate with his sister's dress ended up being far too big. I rolled the sleeves and cuffed the pants and just prayed that he wouldn't wipe his snotty nose on the sweater (this I monitored carefully). He sat waiting for Taylor as I rushed her out of the car, plopped her next to him.... click, click, click, click and we were done. Seriously, it was no more than 45 seconds and I had not just one but four or five winning shots. Oh my kids, my kids how I love you so. Thank you for making your mama's job a little easier that day.

We hope you all had a very merry Christmas, happy holidays and a joyous New Year.

1 comment:

momto2boys said...

They are so adorable,Liz! I love these shots!! I can really see similarities in them these days. :) Love the pics!!