Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 3 :: Eats







As I drove Chris to the Airport (the first time) I was thinking of how the kids change so quickly and worrying that he might miss out on something, god forbid a growth spurt, so I jokingly told him that I would only feed the kids really junky-not-good-for-you foods to stunt their growth until he came home. Well, there's no way I could really bring myself to do that and even if I did, it probably wouldn't work. He'd end up coming home to kids with acne and greasy hair, bags under their eyes and... well you get the point.

Yesterday though, we made a few exceptions. We started with edamame and eased into Valentine's Day cupcakes, then ended the evening with a few of our favorite neighbors, some sugar cookies and RED frosting. Good thing we ate a healthy dinner.

As for me, my sweet tooth is not-so-sweet right now. Here's the long and short of it. I am getting braces to correct my jaw and its misalignment. Before fitting me they want to touch up any gray spots that could potentially turn into cavities while I am wearing braces. I had one 'filled' over a month ago and ever since it's hurt. Two days ago it began throbbing. So I called the dentist and they brought me in today, took one look at the x-ray and could see that my new filling just grazes the top of my nerve, shooting pain into my jaw, temple and ear. So to fix it they will be doing a root canal, drilling out the nerve and then filling it and putting a cap on it... FABULOUS! I wish I could say that stuff like this happens when Chris is gone, however, he had been telling me to get it looked at since mid-January, so it's my own stupid fault.

Have more pictures to crop down for you all so I am signing off this post to begin another one. Enjoy the pictures :) :: Liz ::

No comments: