Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Made It!!!...to Baltimore???

This is Chris, in the first of (hopefully) several blog posts. I left Connecticut today, leaving Liz and the kids there. They're having a great time at Cathie and Jamie's, who have been excellent, supportive and gracious hosts (as always). They'll head back to Annapolis on Thursday. As it goes for military rotator flights, I was scheduled to leave tonight out of the AMC terminal at BWI for Ramstein, Germany before continuing on for Italy and eventually Qatar. As luck would have it, I arrived in Baltimore tonight only to find that my flight was "delayed" for a full 24 hours. C'mon people...seriously?! Thanks for the advance notice...I assume this was a complete surprise...ah...whatever.

So here I am, sitting at an airport hotel no more than 20 miles from home. I considered going home for the night but realized that it was far too much hassle than it was worth, especially considering that the house is empty, and I am tired.

On the bright side, I hope to see Liz and the kids tomorrow for a bit if it works out. Am scheduled to check back in for my flight at 8pm, so tomorrow will be a long...long day.

No comments: